The contest is now closed. Thank you to all who participated. We will release the winners on February 15.
Below is a summary of the rules, regulations, and forms for the 501c3 Film Competition. The complete set of rules can be found here.
|Length of Submission||1-5 minutes|
|Dates of Submission||October 15 - December 15, 2010|
|Announcement of Winners||February 15 2011|
|Prizes (Cash)||Under 18: (Best in Show: $300 filmmaker, $300 non-profit) |
First Prize (18+): $1500 to the filmmaker, $1500 to the Organization
Second Prize (18+): $800 to the filmmaker, $800 to the Organization
(Note: These prizes will only be awarded if judges deem that entries are of a quality which deserve to win.)
|Resolution||Recommended: Original resolution of your video - for HD it is 1920x1080 (1080p) or 1280 x 720.|
|Bit rate||Because bit-rate is highly dependent on codec, there is no recommended or minimum value. Videos should be optimized for resolution, aspect ratio, and frame rate rather than bit rate.|
|Frame rate||The frame rate of the original video should be maintained without re-sampling. In particular, pulldown and other frame rate re-sampling techniques are strongly discouraged.|
|Codec||H.264 or MPEG-2 preferred.|
|Preferred containers||FLV, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4|
- Must be US resident to participate, but organization portrayed can be located anywhere.
- A submission must consist of one (1) video. Entrants are limited to one qualified entry as an eligible entrant; however, entrants are not limited in the number of video submissions that they may contribute to as a non-entrant party.
- Video must be no less than 1 minute and no more than 5 minutes in length.
- Video must be of your own creation. Written releases or permissions must be obtained from any third party appearing in the video, the owner of any recognizable location depicted in the video, and the owner of any materials (such as music or video clips) included in the video, and such releases must be submitted together with the entry. Entries that are found to use copyrighted material without permission will be immediately disqualified. Click here for releases and permission forms.
- Entries should be in good taste and should not portray any group or individual in a negative light, or encourage wrongful or unlawful conduct.
- All entries become the property of Tufts University upon submission.
- Submit between 12:01am 10/15/10 and 11:59pm 12/15/10 (Eastern Standard Time)